Re: [O] [new exporter] ignoring a headline on export to PDF via latex

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] ignoring a headline on export to PDF via latex
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 23:21:07 +0100

Hello,

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> Try using your function with a filter.  This filter might work:
>> org-export-filter-headline-functions.  Of course it goes without saying
>> you will have to update your function.
>
> Thanks Suvayu.  It is this update that I need help with!  The
> documentation of that variable is close to impenetrable to me

A TYPE filter is called each time transcoding process is over of an
element of type TYPE. Here, each time a headline is transcoded (along
with its contents), functions in `org-export-filter-headline-functions'
are called with the resulting string as the first argument (i.e. the
LaTeX code for the headline and all its contents).

There's a filter for each type of element/object, and a couple of
special filters.

> (e.g. what is a /communication channel/?).

The communication channel is basically a plist containing data available
for all transcoding functions. 99% of its properties have constant
values during export process (like export options, or pre-computed
values from the parse tree).

Nevertheless, it can be used to store some data at some point in time
and retrieve it from another transcoding function later, effectively
allowing communication between parts of the export system.

Nicolas Goaziou