Re: [O] Create course material with org-mode

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: [O] Create course material with org-mode
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 12:07:06 +0100

Am 11.03.2013 11:52, schrieb Torsten Wagner:
Hi Thorsten,

thanks for the links. I will look into them.

Actually the topic is not exactly OT, I'm looking for a "meta-system" which
helps me to keep all those different things together. Hopefully, in a way
which allows me to generate different kind of course material from the same
sources.
I was wondering, can org-mode be such a "meta-system" e.g. could I keep
materials of a certain topic within a single org-file and use (customized)
exporters to create the desired outputs like a interactive HTML version, a
printable PDF, exercises and questions for exams?

E.g. a file structure like this

* Theory
text text text

** Interactive example :HTML
Bable code

** more theory in detail
*** Images

** lecture slides :BEAMER

** Exercises
*** Solutions

** Exam questions
*** 1
*** 2
*** 3

This file should ideally run through different exporters to generate
interactive HTML for a website,
printable PDF version,
slides for a lecture,
exercises with and without solution,
exam questions,

One task which might require some more attention (and code) would be to
compile e.g.  the entire script from different source files. Same for an
entire exam, a set of exercise, etc.
The benefit of an approach like above would be that I can keep all related
infos close to each other. It would be much easier to make changes among
all different outputs, create new material, etc.
Hope this makes my idea more clear.

Thanks for helping

Torsten