Re: [O] Create course material with org-mode

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] Create course material with org-mode
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 17:47:26 +0100

Dnia 2013-03-11, o godz. 23:02:46
Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> napisał(a):

> Also, here is something which some of you might find interesting:
> http://acrotex.net/ (tl;dr: it is a LaTeX-based, partly free, partly
> commercial suite for producing educational materials, among others
> interactive pdfs, and maintaining exercise databases).

Hi again,

one more thought: since it seems that there are quite a few people here
using LaTeX for educational purposes, I thought you might be interested
in ConTeXt (see http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page).  It is also a
TeX-based tool, imho better than LaTeX (though definitely less stable -
nevertheless, there are people who use it for production purposes - and
not only its developers).  It was developed as a general-purpose tool
(unlike LaTeX, which is still - after 30 years - mainly aimed at
academia; LaTeX3 should change it, but it's still far from ready), but
with educational documents being an important focus.

If anyone is interested, I can write some more about it, especially
about its pros and cons as opposed to LaTeX (I've been using both
extensively for quite a few years now).

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski