[O] tests with travis-ci (was: [BUG] ob-sql.el: probably an extra paren)

From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
Subject: [O] tests with travis-ci (was: [BUG] ob-sql.el: probably an extra paren)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 03:40:53 +0900

Hello Bastien,

On Mar 22 2013, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think this would be *fantastic*.  I have no time for this at the
> moment, but anyone willing to help setting

travis is trivial enough to start using right away. I can make a patch for that.

> This is efficient and not intrusive.
>
> To give another argument about why I think a pre-push hook on the
> developer's side is wrong, imagine this scenario:
>
> - developer A pushes a commit, all tests pass
> - developer B works on latest HEAD assuming all tests pass
> - he wants to push his commits but the tests fail
> - he naturally thinks it's a problem with *his* changes
> - ... but it is not ...
> - M-x doctor RET
>
> This happened for real: recently some tests passed under Emacs <24.3
> but failed under Emacs >=24.3.  If we had a pre-push hook, I would not
> even be able to push the fix, I would have to deactive the hook first.

IIUC, it can't be done with travis. After little googling around, I found that
such a conditional committing can be made if we have a continuous integration
server (eg: jenkins) is installed and setup on org-mode server.

How about using travis first.?

Thanks.,
--
ఎందరో మహానుభావులు అందరికి వందనములు.