Re: [O] Can I clone worg using http protocol?

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Can I clone worg using http protocol?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 15:33:09 +0100

Am 25.03.2013 14:49, schrieb John Hendy:
$ git clone http://orgmode.org/r/worg.git
Cloning into 'worg'...
fatal: http://orgmode.org/r/worg.git/info/refs?service=git-upload-pack
not found: did you run git update-server-info on the server?

It looks like thios for of HTTP access has been switched off in preference to cgit.

$ git update-server-info http://orgmode.org/r/worg.git
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

This is something that should be done on the server. It generates some files with info that can otherwise be obtained via the Git protocol.

P.S. Ideally, I'd like to clone with ssh/push access via http as well.
I'd love the http alternative to (if that's possible):

You can't have authenticated push access via HTTP using SSH keys. You could maybew use SSH tunneling via HTTP.

Achim.

(on the road :-)