Re: [O] SETUPFILE: file open failure hardly noticeable

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] SETUPFILE: file open failure hardly noticeable
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 12:47:41 +0200

Hi Bastien

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> I used (sit-for 3) after the message to increase the odds
> that the user gets it.

I tried and had to see that (sit-for) has the same problems like
(ding) or (error) when used in org-file-contents. I noticed even one
more problem in addition to those mentioned in my previous post. Here
an updated list of the problems when an Org file is opened:
- some hooks are not called any more
- Viper mode is not entered any more
- messed up org-emphasis or fontify
They are probably all related with each other.

So I think that the change as it is today has to be reverted. More
thoughts have to be spent to understand why the above problems occur
and how to solve them. But this is beyond my current limits and I
might have to accept just the reverted situation.

Michael