Re: [O] generic page breaks for export?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] generic page breaks for export?
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 13:24:33 +0200

Hello,

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems like enough of org's export formats have the concept of page
> breaks that a generic syntax might be warranted -- I'm finding myself
> doing lots of exporting to multiple formats. What do people think of
> that? Emacs already has a convention of using ascii 12 as a page
> delimiter (though control characters in the buffer look ugly), or we
> could introduce something like #+PAGEBREAK, or perhaps both.
>
> If this seems desirable, I'll take a stab at a patch.

Thank you for the offer. Though, I don't think it's worth implementing
it.

For navigation, Org has better tools than page break jumping. So, it
would only be related to export. Even in that case, adding a keyword
(#+PAGEBREAK, but that would be some irregular syntax since there's no
value attached) for such a simple thing is hardly a benefit:

  #+latex: \newline

Sure, when exporting to multiple formats, it can save a line or two.
Nothing earth-shaking here.

Nicolas Goaziou