Re: [O] Examples of orgmode+beamer presentations?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Examples of orgmode+beamer presentations?
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 10:45:29 -0500

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Angel de Vicente <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:
>> Sorry if that's not what you're looking for! The recipe page you
>> posted will show you how to do some various columns and layouts, but
>> again, this is just doing in Org what you can do manually in Beamer.
>> The appearance is all going to come from the theme.
>
> thanks a lot, but more than the appearance itself I was looking for
> examples of how to do "things", for example, how to make items in a
> "frame" appear one by one, while the other ones are greyed out, how to
> remove the transition buttons, how to customize the short title,
> etc. that appears in the infoline in some themes, etc.

Gotcha. Some of that is in Beamer, but you're correct that some of
this involves figuring out the Org-mode analog to the Beamer syntax.
Transitions, for example, go in the frame property drawer, and the
possible properties/values are listed in the manual.

Transition buttons are typically at the theme level, and that's
documented countless places online.

I've had a lot of trouble getting infolines to do what I want. I just
gave up on using themes that have them because I find the "mini TOC"
distracting and of little value to the presentation. Honestly, I
wonder if the audience is looking at those dots trying to gauge how
much presentation is left to go.

> Googling, I managed to do most of this stuff (though I didn't figure out
> yet how to grey out images), but I thought it would be nice to have a
> real (or a mock one) presentation available somewhere, which uses a lot
> of the usual stuff that we do for presentations, together with the
> source code, so that customizing my own presentation could be probably
> easier.

Looking around, there aren't *that* many options to do this in
straight Beamer. TikZ came up as one way, and others seemed to simply
use a second image (create two duplicate frames, one with the grayed
version and the second with the real image). Neither would be
particularly difficult via Org.

John