Re: [O] Can't export LaTeX source code blocks

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Can't export LaTeX source code blocks
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 22:14:26 +0200

Hello,

"Sebastien Vauban"
<address@hidden> writes:

> As shown by the following ECM, I can't export the LaTeX code blocks.
>
> #+TITLE:     ECM exports LaTeX code
> #+Time-stamp: <2013-04-22 Mon 21:31>
> #+LANGUAGE:  en
>
> #+PROPERTY: exports both
>
> * Context
>
> My goal is to explain different LaTeX blocks which I use to construct a LaTeX
> class. The document should be exportable to both LaTeX and HTML.
>
> * TODO Documentation
>
> Here is the LaTeX code:
>
> #+name: doc-macro-a
> #+begin_src latex
> \DescribeMacro{\dummyMacro}
> This macro does nothing.\index{doing nothing|usage} It is merely an
> example.  If this were a real macro, you would put a paragraph here
> describing \textbf{what} the macro is supposed to do, what its mandatory and
> optional arguments are, and so forth.
> #+end_src
>
> followed by the LaTeX output:
>
> #+results: doc-macro-a
> #+BEGIN_LaTeX
> \DescribeMacro{\dummyMacro}
> This macro does nothing.\index{doing nothing|usage} It is merely an
> example.  If this were a real macro, you would put a paragraph here
> describing \textbf{what} the macro is supposed to do, what its mandatory and
> optional arguments are, and so forth.
> #+END_LaTeX
>
> * Results
>
> As you can see, the code block is NEVER exported. I don't understand
> why?

I'm not sure either.

This is not a problem from the exporter as
`org-export-execute-babel-code' on your ECM makes the src block
disappear.

> The results block is exported, but then (interpreted and) only visible in the
> LaTeX back-end. The HTML document is completely empty...

I can answer that one: "#+begin_BACKEND" means "export this block when
using export BACKEND, otherwise ignore it". Therefore, html back-end
ignores the results.

Nicolas Goaziou