[O] M-RET inside the first second-level heading of the first first-level

From: Jisang Yoo
Subject: [O] M-RET inside the first second-level heading of the first first-level heading
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 20:39:37 +0000 (UTC)

short description:

When I try to create a new heading using M-RET, it works as expected except
one case: inside the first second-level heading of the first first-level
heading. This bug affects the latest ELPA version of org, but not the latest
bundled-with-Emacs version

long description:

Org version 8.0.1-6-ge6776c-elpaplus
GNU Emacs 24.3.1

Create an org buffer with the following contents

* crunchy
** bacon
* soft
** tofu
* warm
** milk

1. Place cursor at the end of bacon and press M-RET and org creates a first-
level heading, when it should have created a second level heading as it does
at the end of tofu or milk.

2. Place cursor at the beginning of "** bacon" and press M-RET and org creates
a first-level heading.

The odd behavior disappears after I add an empty line before the first
heading.