Re: [O] Skim.app support for org-mac-link-grabber.el

From: Daniil Frumin
Subject: Re: [O] Skim.app support for org-mac-link-grabber.el
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 00:35:46 +0400

So I've been researching this problem and it seems that there is no sane way to
re-select a text.

The problem is that `(do-applescript ..)' only interacts with AppleScript well
if the return type of the string is either a number or a string. If I try to
convert the selection object (which is not really an object but a list of
specifiers) it just returns the selected text.

There is also `selection bounds' but it only covers rectangle selections.

It's possible to save the selected text and try to `find' it later, but that
won't work well (e.g.: there are several repetitions of the same text on one
page).

I've also tried to implement an auto-scrolling to the selected text, but to no
avail.

The option that seems to me the most reasonable is to add a highlight note to
the selected text (which is actually possible). What do you think?

For now, the patch to the problem mentioned by Ivan.
I have actually fixed a small bug in the code for getting links from Firefox:
Prior to the fix the firefox link grabber won't work correctly if a cursor has
been already positioned in the URL field. The fix works by adding an additional
keystore for selecting all the text in that field.

The problem is that I've committed it before committing the stuff that Ivan
told us about, so I am not sure what to do in this case.

Thanks

-- Daniil