Re: [O] org-mime

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [O] org-mime
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 10:31:13 +0200

>> "Eric" == Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

   > Joseph Vidal-Rosset <address@hidden> writes:
   >>
   >> -

   > A while back Org-mode switched its method of exporting latex equations
   > to HTML.  Equations used to be exported as png images, however they are
   > now exported as markup which may then be processed on the fly by
   > client-side javascript.  Most mail readers do not allow javascript in
   > html email, and I doubt that the required javascript headers are
   > included in the mail html mime part.

   > I don't know if it is currently possible to do the javascript
   > pre-processing as part of the HTML export, but that would probably be
   > the best solution in this case.

Couldn't the old functionality (converting to png) be reactivated, at
least optionally?? For me this change are bad news, since the feature
(to export LaTeX math to something visible) is very important to me and
even if this approach may have disadvantages, it seems to me more
universal than the  javascript business.

Uwe Brauer