Re: [O] Let's discuss citation and Org syntax

From: Erik Hetzner
Subject: Re: [O] Let's discuss citation and Org syntax
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 22:36:22 -0700

At Tue, 21 May 2013 19:55:53 +0200,
Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Rasmus wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Now that 8.0 has shipped let's talk bibliography support.  This
> > follows directly upon the discussion around March[1].
>
> I did not follow the discussion in March and only skimmed through the
> recent discussion in May [2]. But I was wondering if bibliography
> support in the LaTeX exporter would be BibTex-only or if it would also
> support biblatex, for example.

And to further confuse the issue, why not consider pandoc style
citations [1]?

This works right now. Create an org file:

  See address@hidden, p. 10] for more info.

(assuming a bibtex, endnote, ris, ... file that contains a cite with
key “citekey”). Export to markdown. Process in pandoc, either to
latex:

  ❤ pandoc --natbib test.md -t latex -s --biblio test.bib

or to HTML, etc:

  ❤ pandoc test.md -s --biblio test.bib

While it would be nice to make this work natively with org, especially
with latex output, it would be great if compatibility with pandoc
could be obtained.

best, Erik

1. http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/README.html#citation-rendering
Sent from my free software system <http://fsf.org/>.