[O] using orgtbl-sqlinsert

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: [O] using orgtbl-sqlinsert
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 14:56:08 +0800

I've got a table I'm trying to insert into a sqlite database. I've been
looking at orgtbl-sqlinsert and this page[fn:1], but I suspect all that
is out of date. I haven't seen anyone talking about #+ORGTBL: keywords,
or things like "#+BEGIN RECEIVE ORGTBL exsql" in the past year or so.

Do those still work? I can't for the life of me get it to do anything.
I've got a sqlite database called "market.sqlite" in the same directory
as a file containing this:

#+TBLNAME: terms
#+ORGTBL: SEND market.sqlite orgtbl-to-sqlinsert :sqlname "terms"
| Chinese          | English                            |
|------------------+------------------------------------|
| 音像制品出版     | A/V Publishing                     |
| 定价总金额       | Aggregate Retail Price             |
(etc)

I've tried C-c C-c on that header, calling
`org-babel-execute-src-block', waving my fingers at it, and cursing
loudly, one of which usually works. But I get no error, no insertion
into the database, and no results block with INSERT statements (I tried
making a #+BEGIN RECEIVE ORGTBL marketdb.sqlite block as noted on worg).

Does this still work? Or is it still possible to jimmy orgtbl-sqlinsert
to either insert directly, or create a block of INSERT statements?

Thanks!

Footnotes:

[fn:1] http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/multitarget-tables.html