Re: [O] export to LaTeX with TOC but without numbers

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] export to LaTeX with TOC but without numbers
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 13:55:44 +0200

Hi Eric,

thanks for your answer.

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> How can I export to LaTeX with the combined effect of toc:t and num:nil?
>>
>> Setting num:nil results in an empty TOC.
>>
>> I guess, I am looking for a way to automatically add
>> #+begin_latex
>>   \addcontentsline{toc}{<the level>}{<the heading>}
>> #+end_latex
>> to the exported document.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andreas
>
> Andreas,
>
> the problem is that setting num:nil tells org to use the second form of
> sectioning, as specified in org-latex-classes.  The unnumbered section
> headings do not generate TOC information so no TOC is available.  It's a
> latex issue, not org.
>
> There are workarounds but they involve using latex directly (to add
> entries to a TOC basically).

I am aware of that.  Sorry for being unclear.  I would like to automate
exactly that.

I use several LaTeX export classes and I would like that possibility
(TOC with unnumbered sections/subsections/...) in each of these classes.
Thus, I am searching for a (more) general approach, that I could 'switch on'
and have it insert the latex statement on its own.

Best,
Andreas