[O] Xemacs 21.5.32 & org-8.03 almost

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [O] Xemacs 21.5.32 & org-8.03 almost
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 20:20:32 +0200

Hello

I hope I am almost done with the installation.

    - First thanks to Achim Gratz for pointing out
      http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-build-system.html#sec-4-1-4
      to set the compilation and built process correctly.

    -  next, when I compiled installed and restarted xemacs using
       the 8.03 version I run into an error of the sort

Wrong number of arguments: (lambda (obsolete-name current-name
when &optional docstring) "$ad-doc:
define-obsolete-function-alias$" (let (ad-return-value) (setq
ad-return-value (ad-Orig-define-obsolete-function-alias
obsolete-name current-name)) ad-return-value)), 2

This is now a common subject, define-obsolete-function-alias in
xemacs still only accepts 2 arguments while GNU emacs accepts 3.

(I had this issue for example in Ulf icalendar.el). I thought of
wrapping (if (featurep 'xemacs) around the relevant code, till I
found out that there is already a org-compat, so I
   added (require 'org-compat) and then the problem disappeared.

    -  However I now receive:

 Cannot open load file:       "org-version.el"

and that puzzles me, I grepped by init files and looked for such
a file but no avail.

Is there anybody who could give me a hint?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer