Re: [O] org-exp

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [O] org-exp
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 10:11:06 +0200

   >> > What functionality is it you need from that file?
   >>
   >> I checked: this is the *essential* file to use
   >> org-preview-latex-fragment in a
   >> matlab-mode buffer or in a gnus-message-mode!

   > Is it really?  The function org-preview-latex-fragment is defined in
   > org, but since it is not autoloaded, the assumption clearly is that Org
   > must have been loaded before the first use of that function.

Ok, you are right. In version 7 the situation is as follows:

    -  I start (X)emacs,

    -  I open an org file, and

    -  then I can use org-preview-latex-fragment.

    -  however when I just start Xemacs without having opened an
       org-file then I cannot use org-preview-latex-fragment.

However I only occasionally use org files on startup. I usually use
gnus, LaTeX and matlab files. That is why I need
org-preview-latex-fragment to be available *before* I open an org file.

I realized that I have much more fundamental problems with org-8 and I
will report them in a new thread.

Uwe