Re: [O] Agenda printing: org-agenda-write doesn't use ps-paper-type

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Agenda printing: org-agenda-write doesn't use ps-paper-type
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 10:03:40 +0100

Myles English <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric,
>
> Eric S Fraga writes:
>> If you use a4 sized paper all (or most of) the time, you can set this in
>> /etc/papersize on Linux.  I think this is what ps2pdf looks at by
>> default.
>>
> Thanks for the suggestions.  I looked into this for my Arch Linux but it
> had no effect on ps2pdf.  Making the /etc/papersize file and then
> setting PAPERSIZE=a4 or PAPERCONF=/etc/papersize did not produce an A4
> pdf document (even after installing libpaper).

On my Debian system, the file /etc/papersize has simply "a4" as the
contents.  No "PAPERSIZE" or similar.  According to the manual page for
papersize in section 5, this file is used unless overridden by the
environment variables PAPERSIZE or PAPERCONF, the latter pointing to a
file which specifies the size.

YMMV, of course.

Anyway, glad you sorted out your problem!

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.0.3-193-g334581