Re: [O] Refiling list items

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] Refiling list items
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 14:09:32 -0700

I confirm the following bug in git master.

P.S.  One possibility for the OP's question would be to allow a
special prefix arg to select the list item and its children as a
region then call refile region.

On 1/17/12, Jeff Horn <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 05:32, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I pushed three small changes to the org-refile interface:
>>
>> 1. before prompting the user for a refile target, put the point at the
>>   beginning of the region/subtree to refile.  This will make sure
>>   everyone understands we are refiling headlines, not text.
>>
>> 2. Improve the prompt itself, explicitely saying whether we are refiling
>>   a subtree or a region (containing subtree(s)).
>>
>> 3. Add a new option `org-refile-active-region-within-subtree' which,
>>   when turned on, allows the user to refile the active region, turning
>>   the first line into a headline using `org-toggle-heading'.
>>
>> I think these are improvements going in the right direction -- let me
>> know what you think.  On the overall, I'm with Nicolas in thinking that
>> we need to be extra careful when we try to extend a functionality to
>> heterogeneous elements.
>
> I've just come across an instance when this functionality was useful
> again. I like the solution you've implemented, Bastien. There's just a
> small problem I see right now, which pops up in particular with the
> example outline from my OP.
>
> ,----[ Sample Outline ]
> | * Headline 1
> | - List level 1
> |   - List level 2
> | * Headline 2
> | Some text.
> `----
>
> Selecting the region with the second line and third line, inclusive
> (the plain list under Heading 1), refiling with
> `org-refile-active-region-within-subtree' toggled on produces the
> following outline:
>
> ,----[ Results ]
> | * Headline 1
> | 2
> | * Headline 2
> | Some text.
> | ** List level 1
> |   - List level
> `----
>
> As you can see, the digit at the end of the list gets orphaned.
>
> --
> Jeffrey Horn
> http://www.failuretorefrain.com/jeff/

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.