Re: [O] [need help] How to add a caption to table with #+attr_latex :cap

From: Feng Shu
Subject: Re: [O] [need help] How to add a caption to table with #+attr_latex :caption \bicaption{...}{...}
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 07:32:06 +0800

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Feng,
>
>> In my thesie, I need add a caption to table or figure with
>> \bicaption{中文标题}{English title}
>
> I assume you'd still want to use the #+CAPTION-cookie, no?  If so, one
> solution that comes to mind is writing captions like
> #+CAPTION:  my-Asian-string (sorry about my ignorance)  MYSPLIT
> my-English-string
>
> and write a filter using (org-split-string text MYSPLIT) and format it
> as (format "\bicaption{%s}{%s}" LIST) if the length is two.
>
> Org perhaps regexps could be used to identify 'my-Asian-string'.
>
> I'm not sure where to apply the filter, though, but a better solution
> than the one below would use `org-export-get-caption' on the correct
> elements at the correct time. . .

---------------------------
#+caption: 中文标题
#+caption: English Title
| 1 | 2  |

---------------------------

I think this is the best document construct, simple and  intuitive.

But, realizing this feature need some dirty hack, the main reason is
that \bicaption often a custom latex command, fig caption and table
caption are different in option, for example:

\bicaption[图]{...}[fig]{...}
\bicaption{图}{fig}{...}{...}
\bicaption{...}{...}

\bicaption[表]{...}[Table]{}

> Here's a dirty, inelegant regexp filter that's run on the final
> tex-string.
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> (defun org-latex-filter-split-caption (text backend info)
>   "When ## is present in a string make a bicaption."
>   (when (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'latex 'beamer)
>     (replace-regexp-in-string "\\\\caption{\\(.*?\\)[ \t]*\\\\#\\\\#[
>                             "\\\\bicaption{\\1}{\\2}" text)
>     ))
>
>   (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-final-output-functions
>                'org-latex-filter-split-caption)
> #+end_src

It is a very useful tip, thanks!