Re: [O] advice needed: how do you guys sync org files between devices?

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] advice needed: how do you guys sync org files between devices?
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 16:27:27 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> Alan, how about a short how-to on Worg about Unison and Org-mode
>>> methods?
>>
>> Well, what would be there? If there is (and there may be) an external
>> tool that knows how to merge org files (it can be a 3-way merge, if it
>> makes things simpler), I could try to devise the magical incantation to
>> use it.
>
> There's the GSOC project from last year:
>
>      http://orgmode.org/cgit.cgi/org-merge-driver.git
>
> Whether it is complete or abandoned I don't know.  Here's the Worg
> page
>

> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/gsoc2012/student-projects/git-merge-tool/index.html

This looks nice. Has anyone tried it?

If someone can show me how to launch ediff from the command line, I can
explain how to set up Unison for it (I found this old question
http://superuser.com/questions/81958/how-to-make-emacsclient-wait-when-using-the-eval-option
but I find the busy waiting very ugly; maybe there is a better
solution).

Alan