Re: [O] [RFC] Introduce ox-i18n.el

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Introduce ox-i18n.el
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 19:43:28 +0200

> Even though it is a defconst, you can still change it. You are not
> forced to anything. But you're on your own.

I agree, but it being a defconst, it comes with the message

  "This declares that neither programs nor users should ever change
   the value."

> By the way, it is a defconst because of the keys, which shouldn't be
> altered, not the values.

If that's really a the concern then why not write a function to alter
values in a safe manner?

Alternatively, it could stay defconst, and there could be a
org-export-smart-quotes-alist-user, defaulting to nil but taking
precedence over its non-user counterpart.  If people specify a wrong
language code it'll just be ignored.

–Rasmus

--
When in doubt, do it!