[O] [babel] feature request: debug messages

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: [O] [babel] feature request: debug messages
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 21:58:36 +0200

Hi all,

I would love to see messages like 'entering block foo...' and
'...leaving block foo' printed to my R console.  This would be very
handy when I evaluate a subtree (C-c C-v s) with a lot of #+call lines
and some lengthy ones.

I know that
(1) I could implement that myself at in the source blocks.  But I would
    love if orgmode did that for me
(2) Such messages are already printed to the emacs *Messages* buffer.
    But that buffer might not be visible and I can not switch to it,
    without interrupting the evaluation.  Anyway it would be much nicer
    to see that output together with the other output, that my code
    generates.

In essence it would be very helpful, if there was a variable
org-babel-print-debug-messages (or org-babel-debug-level...) which if
non-nil would cause that messages to be printed.  Or is there somewhere
already?

Regards,
Andreas