Re: [O] Can `org-element-map' act on secondary-strings?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Can `org-element-map' act on secondary-strings?
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 19:14:54 +0200

Hello,

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> when parsing an Org file with org-element-parse-buffer, headline titles
> and section contents (e.g.) end up as secondary strings in the
> parse-tree that do have a ':parent' attribute.
>
> When I try to modify all :parent attributes inside a parse-tree with
> `org-element-map' (by mapping over all element and object types), the
> secondary strings in the parse-tree remain untouched.
>
> Is there a way to make `org-element-map' act on these secondary strings
> too?

I'm not sure to understand your question.

"Secondary string" is not an object type, so you cannot explicitly
search for them in a parse tree.

Also, secondary strings do not have a :parent property (or any property
whatsoever: they are just lists).

Though, if you map over objects, e.g., bold text, `org-element-map' will
also look for them within secondary lists.

HTH,

--
Nicolas Goaziou