Re: [O] Problems with LaTeX source block

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] Problems with LaTeX source block
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 10:57:17 +0200

Hi Julien,

Julien Cubizolles <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm struggling with LaTeX source blocks and am not sure anymore if one
> can use the :results file header.
>
> I have a csv file to be processed by tikz to get a png picture displayed
> in my org buffer.
>
> Here is what I tried
>
> #+NAME: python-tikz
> #+header: :results file :file py2tikz_sin.png
> #+header: :fit yes :headers '("\\usepackage{tikz,pgfplots}")
> #+BEGIN_SRC latex :exports results
>   \begin{tikzpicture}
>     \begin{axis}
>       \addplot  table {sin_py2csv.csv};
>     \end{axis}
>   \end{tikzpicture}
> 'py2tikz_sin.png'
> #+END_SRC
>
> #+RESULTS: python-tikz
> #+BEGIN_LaTeX
> [[file:py2tikz_sin.png]]
> #+END_LaTeX
>
> Two problems with that: the py2tikz_sin.png file isn't produced (the
> latex code is correct though) and I was under the impression that the
> :results file header should give a #RESULTS without the LaTeX block
> (it's what I get for python blocks anyway).
>
> The data is produced by python (I can get python-babel to work !) and I
> could get a png directly through python-babel but latex-babel should be
> able to do it, right ?
>
> Julien.

try that instead

#+NAME: python-tikz
#+header: :results raw :file py2tikz_sin.png
#+header: :imagemagick yes :fit yes :headers '("\\usepackage{tikz,pgfplots}")
#+BEGIN_SRC latex :exports results
  \begin{tikzpicture}
    \node[red!50!black] (a) {A};
    \node (b) [right of=a] {B};
  \end{tikzpicture}
#+END_SRC

for problem one:  you are missing the :imagemagick yes header argument,
which is necessary to do the latex->png conversion.  Also, the filename
is inserted for you and is, thus, not part of the latex block.

for problem two:  :results raw solves that, although I agree,
that :results file should work here.

Regards,
Andreas