Re: [O] Should comments break paragraphs?

From: Andreas Leha
Subject: Re: [O] Should comments break paragraphs?
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 10:55:40 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

> Hello,
>
> Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> In that case, I guess some confusion might come from LaTeX, for example,
>> where also the newline is ignored by the comment, s.t. in LaTeX
>> ,----
>> | Some text
>> | % comment
>> | Some other text
>> `----
>> is interpreted as
>> ,----
>> | Some text
>> | Some other text
>> `----
>
> Comparing Org and LaTeX is like comparing apples and oranges: it can
> only lead to false assumptions and cloud thinking.

Agreed.  I just wanted to mention one possible source of such false
assumptions.

>> IMO, there is no 'feature' in the 'paragraph breaking' comments in
>> org.  But I understand that it is quite hard to change that behaviour.
>
> Just to be clear. I didn't talk about a "feature". I merely described
> the state of affairs, and added that, albeit not perfect, it seemed good
> enough to me.

I hope I did not offend you with that paragraph.  I did not want to say
that you called it a feature.  If was merely a summary of the thread, as
I understood it.

I actually never ran into the problem myself, as I do not comment too
much in my org files.  So I am in the 'good enough' group as well.

Regards,
Andreas