Re: [O] bullets when exporting a list of checklists

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] bullets when exporting a list of checklists
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 21:22:44 +0200

address@hidden (J. David Boyd) writes:

>> Is there any way to turn off the solid and hollow bullet points when
>> exporting
>> a checklist of checklists?
>>
>> I want to make a checklist for my camping trips, and I don't want the bullet
>> points, just the nice clean list.
>>
>> I've seen some options available for formatting, but nothing seems to control
>> the generation of the bullet points.
>>
>> Any pointers on where to look in the docs or source for controlling this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dave in St. Petersburg, FL
>
> And sorry, I should have said "When exporting to html,"

looking at M-x apropos-variable org-export-with RET I didn't see
anything.  But check it out.

If nothing works you can add a filter.  Here's something to get you
started.  You could add more robustness-check, e.g. making sure that
only the first occurrence is removed etc.

(defun me/org-export-remove-checkboxes-from-html (item backend info)
  "Remove checkboxes from html via regexp.  It's inheritantly
unstable as it only recognizes checkboxes of the format
<code>[something]</code>.  Info is ignored"
  (when (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'html)
    (replace-regexp-in-string "<code>\\[.*?\\]</code> ?" "" item)))

(add-to-list 'org-export-filter-item-functions
             'me/org-export-remove-checkboxes-from-html)

–Rasmus

--
. . . The proofs are technical in nature and provides no real understanding.