Re: [O] Jumping from source block to Org block ...

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Jumping from source block to Org block ...
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 09:44:25 -0600

aditya siram <address@hidden> writes:

> Attached is a patch that fixes a bug with jumping from source block back to
> the Org file. The problem is that the current detangling behavior does not
> take the :padlline flag into account. This stopped.
>
> Hopefully this is helpful to others ...
> -deech

Hi deech,

Please see the Org-mode contribution instructions at [1].  A patch of
this length would require that you fill out the FSF copyright assignment
paperwork before the patch could be applied.

As for the content of the patch, my only question is why do you add an
optional maintain-point argument to `org-babel-tangle-jump-to-org'?  Is
there ever a case when you would not want to maintain the point?

Of much less importance I have a couple of stylistic notes about the
code which are largely unrelated to its functionality and are included
to make future changes easier to read and because I'm a cranky old lisp
programmer.

- you should indent the code s.t. no lines are longer than 79 characters
- comments which float after code (e.g., ";; end of first delimiter")
  should only use 1 ; character
- the series of if statements (if should-be-padded... if
  possibly-padded... if actually-padded...) would be more legible if
  written as a single `cond' form.

Thanks for this change.  It appears to pass all tests, so after the
above have been addressed I'd be very happy to apply it.

Thanks for contributing, this is much appreciated!

If you have the time and inclination to include a test which fails
without this patch applied that would be icing on the cake.

Best,

Footnotes:
[1]  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

--