Re: [O] Org mode issue tracker

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [O] Org mode issue tracker
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 20:56:50 +0200

"Loyall, David" <address@hidden> writes:

>> (I'm not so experienced with org-mode, so I would need at least some
>> assistance how such a TODO item should look like)
>
> A 'headline' is a 'TODO item' if-and-only-if it contains one of the
> TODO Keywords in the appropriate position.
>
> See: http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.html
>
> While you're in that document, have a look at the various structures
> that can live inside a headline (for example, timestamps).

Thanks. I've contacted already the org info pages, in order to get an
idea what's possible. But a general doc is one thing, a mapping of a
debbugs record onto a TODO entry is another one.

Let's check it with an example. For bug 15081, debbugs-gnu returns the
following list:

((source . "unknown")
 (found_versions "24.3")
 (done)
 (blocks)
 (date . 1376383861)
 (fixed)
 (fixed_versions)
 (mergedwith)
 (found
  (item
   (key . 24.3)
   (value)))
 (unarchived)
 (blockedby)
 (keywords)
 (summary)
 (msgid . "<address@hidden>")
 (id . 15081)
 (forwarded)
 (severity . "normal")
 (owner)
 (log_modified . 1376383862)
 (location . "db-h")
 (subject . "24.3; org-crypt: Making epg-context local to  *epg* while
let-bound!")
 (originator . "Thierry Volpiatto <address@hidden>")
 (last_modified . 1376408720)
 (pending . "pending")
 (affects)
 (archived)
 (tags)
 (package "emacs" "org-mode")
 (fixed_date)
 (found_date)
 (bug_num . 15081))

The keys shall be self-explaining. How would a TODO item look like?
Note, that these metadata do not contain the corresponding messages
yet. debbugs-gnu could retrieve them in a second run; the TODO item
shall offer a link to them, inline.

> Thank you,
> --Dave

Best regards, Michael.