Re: [O] Spurious exporting of text before first header

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Spurious exporting of text before first header
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 13:38:08 +0200

Hello Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> François Pinard <address@hidden> writes:
>> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I agree, this is a misfeature. This should be fixed in master.  Thank
>>> you for bringing it out.
>>
>> Thanks as well. :-)
>
> OTOH, this "fix" introduces another problem.
>
> What if a user wants to both use :export: tag and export text before
> first headline? An almost equivalent solution for him would be to add
> a headline before that text and append it an :export: tag. But in that
> case, he will get the additional headline in the output, which isn't
> desirable.

He would have to add as well the tag ":ignoreheading:", right, and would have
no problem in the output?

Though, he would see the headline in his Org buffer, what he'd dislike anyway
(like François).

> IOW, it is easier to make that text disappear than to make it
> appear.
>
> IOW, even though the new behaviour is more logical, in the end, I'm not
> sure it is desirable. It's the old "good" versus "best" story.
>
> WDYT?

At this stage, I don't have any preference for one over the other.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban