Re: [O] Org Tutorials need more structure

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Org Tutorials need more structure
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 19:29:26 -0500

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:
> Aloha John, Marcin, and Charles,
>
> Yes, I completely agree with you. Apologies if my remarks were taken to
> be exclusionary in any way. They weren't intended to be. The diversity
> of the Org-mode community is one of its great strengths.

I don't take them as exclusionary, just didn't want to see folks going
down a rabbit hole that diverges from the original intent :)

> My comments were intended to be ideas on how we might introduce Org-mode
> to a wider audience.
>
> In this vein, I think it would be useful to have a brief statement about
> Org-mode that gives the interested reader from any background a good
> feel for the scope of Org-mode and how it presents itself to the user.
> I don't think the current statements about what Org-mode "is" do this
> very effectively, though they might have done so in the past.

Absolutely love that, and this puts some of your earlier comments in
perspective -- you're looking for the 30sec elevator pitch for
Org-mode, and saying "this outline-y task manager" is not cutting it.

John