[O] Setting org-insert-heading-hook while in a minor mode

From: Matt Price
Subject: [O] Setting org-insert-heading-hook while in a minor mode
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 23:58:48 -0400

Hi everyone,

I am trying to write a minor mode that will help me write a little
more efficiently.

While I'm in that mode, I want to insert a properties drawer every
time I create a new heading.  So I would like to temporarily change
"org-insert-heading-hook" when the minor mode is active.  It's not
obvious to me that there's a way to set a file-local variable while in
a minor-mode -- does anyone know if there is, and I'm just missing it?

Also, I would like if possible for the properties drawer to be
pre-populated with certain properties  Is that also possible?

Thanks,

Matt