[O] Line breaks in org-mode having version control in mind

From: Dror Atariah
Subject: [O] Line breaks in org-mode having version control in mind
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 21:28:09 +0100

I am trying to extend my usage of org, and one of the things I want to
integrate is version controlling of my org files. This is obviously straight
forward, but I am wondering about the best line breaking approach to use. In my
LaTeX docs I maintain one physical line per sentence [1]. This way, when I
change one word in a paragraph, it affects only one line, and looking for
differences between versions is easy. Otherwise, when using fill-paragraph for
instance, one gets messy changes of the file, as the one word change can
influence the whole paragraph.

Therefore, as I mentioned, in LaTeX I use visual-line-mode and I insert
manually line breaks at the end of sentences (or where *I* find appropriate).
What would be the best practice for org? I understand that visual-line-mode has
some problems when it comes to tables... What other issues are there? What do
you do when you keep your org file under VC?

Thanks in advance,
Dror

[1] http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/4378/412