Re: [O] Arbitrary lisp functions in column-attributes

From: Mark Edgington
Subject: Re: [O] Arbitrary lisp functions in column-attributes
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 17:56:23 +0000 (UTC)

Bastien <bzg <at> gnu.org> writes:

> FWIW, I'd be inclined to say this is a bit *too much* -- but I'm
> curious to see if others have the same need.

Hi Bastien,

What about it seems too much?  Or put differently, what do you think would
be the negative effects of having something like this possible?

>From my (obviously biased) point of view, making it available would mean
that the dynamic column view becomes much more flexible, and it would reduce
the need in the future for lots of new hard-coded features/functions to be
added to the related org-mode code.  Instead, features can start out as
functions which people create and share, and if they become popular enough
among many people, they can be incorporated as a "built-in" feature that
comes with org-mode, or as a contributed module.

Regards,

Mark