Re: [O] Agenda: open in other frame

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] Agenda: open in other frame
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 11:41:14 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> Alexander Baier <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Well, I do not know of opening a heading in the other window, but maybe
>> the follow-mode is something for you? In Agenda view you can turn it on
>> by pressing `f`.
>>
>> Regards,
>>   Alex
>
> I think TAB or SPC instead of RET will do what you want -- TAB opens a
> new window and switches to it, SPC opens a new window but doesn't switch.

And if the buffer is already visible, the window won't be opened, which
is quite useful. I have a shortcut to setup my agenda window on the
left and my main org file and the two refiling files on the right, and
this layout remains stable all the time, even when I use TAB to navigate
to the node of interest.

Alan