Re: [O] Creating hline in table from source block?

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: [O] Creating hline in table from source block?
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 15:23:14 +0100

>>> Most easily done with an Emacs Lisp code block.
>>>
>>> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
>>>   '((a b c d)
>>>     hline
>>>     (1 2 3 4)
>>>     (5 6 7 8))
>>> #+END_SRC
>>>
>>> #+RESULTS:
>>> | a | b | c | d |
>>> |---+---+---+---|
>>> | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
>>> | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |
>>
>> Oops, my example was obviously a little too simple.  What I am actually doing
>> is something like this:
>>
>> #+NAME: current_data
>> #+BEGIN_SRC sh :dir /home/loris/remote/far/far/away/results
>> echo "step level time clicks"
>> grep statistics *.log | awk '{print
>> $(NF-9),"\t",$(NF-6),"\t",$(NF-4),"\t",$(NF-1)}'
>> #+END_SRC
>>

> How about
>
> #+NAME: current_data
> #+BEGIN_SRC sh :dir /home/loris/remote/far/far/away/results :colnames '(step
> level time clicks)
> grep statistics *.log | awk '{print
> $(NF-9),"\t",$(NF-6),"\t",$(NF-4),"\t",$(NF-1)}'
> #+END_SRC
>
> or do the column names need to be generated by the code block?

No, the column names are fixed, so that's perfect, thank you.  I
suspected there might be some more straight-forward way than the
interesting, but slightly more involved methods suggested by Achim and
Rasmus.

However, it is good have some examples for ":results raw" and ":post"
and I shall certainly be looking into "Library of Babel", as I seem to
be sliding gradually into programming in Org.

Cheers,

Loris

--
Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)