Re: [O] Export each top level heading to separate file

From: Alan L Tyree
Subject: Re: [O] Export each top level heading to separate file
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 10:41:53 +1100

On 05/01/14 09:45, Charles Millar wrote:
Ista and all,

On 1/4/2014 5:29 PM, Ista Zahn wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to export each top-level heading to a separate
markdown file. Ideally I would like to have the exported files named
according to the heading. For example I would like this org file

-----------------------------------
* Section one
Section one text
* Section two
** Section two a
Section two text
* Section three
Section three text
-----------------------------------

To generate three files:

--- Section one.md ---
Section one text

-----------------------------------

--- Section two.md---
## Section two a

Section two text

-----------------------------------

--- Section three.md -
# Section three

Section three text

-----------------------------------

I suspect that the publishing framework might support this, but I've
thus far avoided it because it looks pretty complicated to set up.
Before I dive in I'd like to know if the publishing framework is the
correct place to look for this functionality or if there is an easier
way to do it.

I have a similar question regarding LaTeX export. How to export a heading (any heading, regardless of level) within a file to heading.tex instead of file.tex? So far the only solution I have cobbled together is to C-x C-f 'file.tex" and then C-x C-w "heading.tex" . I then typeset heading.tex using TeXworks. Perhaps I should note that my exported heading is tagged so that the heading is ignored.

Charlie Millar

---

Use properties to set the export file name -- example:
  :PROPERTIES:
  :EXPORT_TITLE: Internet banking fraud
  :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: internet-fraud
  :EXPORT_AUTHOR: Alan L Tyree