Re: [O] bug in org-element-footnote-definition-parser?

From: Mark Edgington
Subject: Re: [O] bug in org-element-footnote-definition-parser?
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 04:30:39 +0000 (UTC)

Nick Dokos <ndokos <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Mark Edgington <edgimar <at> gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> I have encountered the following error message when trying to export
> >> to latex the attached example org file:
> >>
> >> org-element-footnote-definition-parser: Invalid search bound (wrong
> >> side of point)
> >>

> I 'm not sure but I believe this was a bug in emacs that Eli Zaretskii
> fixed recently.  You will need to update your emacs. In the git mirror I
> use, the commit appears like this:
>
> commit b2b5f414358a7835b56613f67d2b0278ee804290
> Author: Eli Zaretskii <eliz <at> gnu.org>
> Date:   Wed Jan 1 19:44:48 2014 +0200

Hi Nick,

I can confirm that updating emacs to 24.3.1 does eliminate the problem.
But, what this means is that the problem will exist for any users who are
still using Emacs 23 -- and maybe this shouldn't concern anyone since
normally using bleeding-edge org-mode code would coincide with using newer
versions of emacs...

Regards,

Mark