Re: [O] Bug: Export to Latex - Incorrect output for list items starting

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Export to Latex - Incorrect output for list items starting with left bracket [8.2.3c (8.2.3c-elpa @ /Users/jdegenhardt/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20131115/)]
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 19:54:15 +0000

[...]

> I sometimes use this feature, too. But, admittedly, it is a hack.

I guess it depends on the definition of /hack/...  I think of it as a
feature of lists in LaTeX.  Whether this is view extends to org is of
course open to debate.

[...]

> Unfortunately, I can't see how to not break your documents if we fix the
> problem.

If this is considered a problem, and you intend to fix it, then there is
no way to avoid causing me difficulties.  Although I would obviously
prefer to keep the status quo, as I find this "feature" convenient,
please don't let the inconvenience to me stop you fixing this.  It won't
take me that long to fix.

>> In fact, I had started preparing an email to ask the check lists make
>> use of this feature to make these lists look nicer when exported to
>> LaTeX.  For instance, if we have

[...]

> This is orthogonal to the issue at hand.

It is indeed.  Apologies for conflating the two.

> The problem is not the checkbox but what comes after.

I am not sure what you mean here?

> IOW, this feature can be implemented with or
> without fixing the bug above (also, a filter can do the job).

Yes, I appreciate this.  A filter is likely what I will end up
using.  Today I simply edited the LaTeX as I needed to get a document of
actions etc. out to a bunch of people quickly.

Thanks for your quick response and please do change the handling of []s
if you think it would be for the org community's benefit.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.2.5d-479-g8694aa