Re: [O] How to signal end of a section or subsection

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] How to signal end of a section or subsection
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 23:20:06 +0100

Hello Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" writes:
>
>> Is the simpler solution valid on all types of block environments?
>>
>> To enumerate them (extensively, AFAICT):
>>
>> - structureenv
>> - alertblock
>> - exampleblock
>> - definition
>> - example
>> - proof
>> - beamercolorbox
>> - verse
>> - quotation
>> - quote
>
> The "simpler solution" is just a consequence of special blocks handling
> in LaTeX export back-ends. So, it will work for any special block.

OK, thanks.

> You can rule out verse, example and quote, which have their own type
> in Org syntax.

Verse and quote give the same results in both the complex and the simple
ways.

However, it does not for example.

The following:

** =example= environment

- Behaves like the theorem environment, except that the theorem style =example=
  is used.
- A side-effect of using this theorem style is that the contents is put in an
  =exampleblock= instead of a =block=.

*** Example                                                         :B_example:
    :PROPERTIES:
    :BEAMER_env: example
    :END:

Contents of example

*** End of example                                            :B_ignoreheading:
    :PROPERTIES:
    :BEAMER_env: ignoreheading
    :END:

** =example= environment

- Simpler solution:

#+begin_example
Contents of example
#+end_example

gives:

\begin{frame}[fragile,label=sec-6-8]{\texttt{example} environment}
 \begin{itemize}
\item Behaves like the theorem environment, except that the theorem style
\texttt{example}
is used.
\item A side-effect of using this theorem style is that the contents is put in
an
  \texttt{exampleblock} instead of a \texttt{block}.
\end{itemize}

\begin{example}[Example]
Contents of example
\end{example}
\end{frame}
\begin{frame}[fragile,label=sec-6-9]{\texttt{example} environment}
 \begin{itemize}
\item Simpler solution:
\end{itemize}

\begin{verbatim}
Contents of example
\end{verbatim}
\end{frame}

Hence, a verbatim environment in LaTeX instead of an example.

Do I miss something?  Or do I have something wrong somewhere?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban