Re: [O] bug: "Please save the buffer to a file before refiling" when the

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] bug: "Please save the buffer to a file before refiling" when the buffer is already saved"
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 18:13:20 -0700

hi bastien,

the ecm is as in the thread leader that we have been discussing:
computer.org contains computer/emacs, computer/emacs/myorg.

this sequence causes the error for me:

===

reboot emacs
use ido
refile goto to "myorg"
  this works
refile goto to "emacs"
  ignore the bug that the default says computer/emacs/myorg
  i.e. select computer/emacs manually
  this works
switch to scratch buffer
refile goto to emacs
  you will see the bug that there are 2 olpaths pointing to computer/emacs
    one has filename and the other does not
  select the default
you will get the error
i hope

===

i have very little capacity to do this properly, doing the best i can
so you get timely feedback.  perhaps this gives you a little to go on.
  if not, this will take much longer.

samuel

On 1/29/14, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Samuel,
>
> please provide a reproducible recipe, it's really hard to explore
> those kind of bugs otherwise.
>
> The patch should fix at least these two bugs:
>
> - you enter "A headline/" as a refile target but "A headline/"
>   is not in the current file: before the patch, it throws an error,
>   after the patch it refiles to "A headline/".
>
> - you enter "A headline/a_non_existent_headline" as a refile target
>   and have (setq org-refile-allow-creating-parent-nodes t).  Before
>   the patch, if "A headline/" is not in the current file, it will fail
>   silently.  Now the prompt asks for confirmation and will refile to
>   the correct location by guessing the filename right.
>
> Thanks for letting me know.
>
> --
>  Bastien

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.