[O] bug#5753: something, something, org-mode, shift-select, something

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: [O] bug#5753: something, something, org-mode, shift-select, something
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 15:12:56 +0100

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 3:06 PM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Shift-select in cua-mode does not work in org-mode although
>> org-replace-disputed-keys is t, org-disputed-keys are set for shift
>> arrow keys and org-support-shift-select is always
>
> Is this problem still present in Emacs 24.3?

With Emacs from trunk:

~$ emacs RET
C-x C-f test.org RET
M-x cua-mode RET
M-: (setq org-support-shift-select t) RET
M-: (insert "blahblah") RET
C-a
S-<right>

will select correctly here.

~$ emacs RET
M-: (setq org-support-shift-select t) RET
M-: (setq org-replace-disputed-keys t) RET
M-: (insert "* A headline") RET
C-a
S-<right>

will also select correctly instead of switching the TODO keyword.

So I'm not really sure what is the bug here.  Lennart, can you
be more specific?

Thanks!

It would be very nice if the bug was gone, but please ask Jackson!