[O] org-compat needed for org-gnus?

From: Tim Landscheidt
Subject: [O] org-compat needed for org-gnus?
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 15:01:04 +0000

Hi,

I recently made the jump to install my first ELPA package
because capture wasn't available in Emacs 24.3.1's org-mode,
and installed org 20140130.

Today I tried working with links to Gnus and they failed
("No match - create this as a new heading?").  So I looked
around and tried M-x load-library org-gnus RET which failed
with "byte-code: Symbol's function definition is void:
org-defvaralias".

Further grepping led to loading org-compat, then org-gnus,
and it worked.

So I'm wondering if the missing "(require 'org-compat)" in
org-gnus is just an oversight, or if I'm doing something
wrong?

Tim