Re: [O] encrypted items, but not timestamp

From: Jonathan Leech-Pepin
Subject: Re: [O] encrypted items, but not timestamp
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 07:34:18 -0500

Hello,

On 3 March 2014 07:28, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi David,

David Belohrad <address@hidden> writes:

> I have followed this:
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/encrypting-files.html
>
> to encrypt subtree of my journal. So e.g. something like this:
>
> **** testing subree encryption                                     :crypt:
> this text should be encrypted when saved on the disk using my private
> key. will see if this works
> Entered on <2014-02-20 Thu 09:05>
>

> it works, however it encrypts entire subtree including 'entered on
> <timestamp>'. This puts a little issue on this, as when in journal,
> these timestamps are used in agenda buffer to display the heading. And I
> want this heading to be displayed in my agenda, including all the tags
> it exhibits.
>
> Is there any way how to achieve this?

Nope, sorry.

I can think of one possible method (although slightly more work to do so):

(written longhand so tags won't be properly aligned, sorry)

**** Testing subtree encryption     <add tags here>
Entered on <2014-02-20 Thu 09:05>
***** Encrypted entry       :crypt:
this text should be encrypted when saved on the disk using my private
key. will see if this works

This will result in the encrypted subtree being encrypted, the headline with it's timestamp being visible.

Regards,
Jon

> For the moment the only thing
> coming into my mind is to make a timestamp part of heading, which is not
> what I really want.

That's also the only workaround I can think of right now.

Best,

--
 Bastien