[O] Formatting issue when exporting with LaTeX/Beamer

From: Elasady, Summer
Subject: [O] Formatting issue when exporting with LaTeX/Beamer
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 16:09:38 +0000

Hello-

Thanks in advance for any help/advice. I am new to LaTeX and Beamer and did not find any documentation on this specific issue.

I am trying to export to Beamer to create presentations out of my OrgMode documents and I’m running into a strange formatting issue. The headers are being printed out before any of the content. So my export will show all the headers in order, followed by all the content in order, instead of exporting header/content, header2/content2, etc.

I’ve even tried copying and pasting exactly the .emacs code and the template code from the following tutorials, and the same issue still occurs:

Here’s a screenshot of a template that I copied without alteration and attempted to export:

And here’s a screenshot of the output, as you can see, the headings and content are out of order:

I’ve tried various combinations of the .emacs code from the websites listed above, but the only one that works is this (which is what I’m currently using to export):

(require 'ox-latex)
(add-to-list 'org-latex-classes
             '("beamer"
               "\\documentclass\[presentation\]\{beamer\}"
               ("\\section\{%s\}" . "\\section*\{%s\}")
               ("\\subsection\{%s\}" . "\\subsection*\{%s\}")
               ("\\subsubsection\{%s\}" . "\\subsubsection*\{%s\}")))

Thank you,

Summer Rae
address@hidden