Re: [O] verbatim/code text and line breaks with auto fill mode

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] verbatim/code text and line breaks with auto fill mode
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 13:12:07 +0100

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a way to disable line breaks inside verbatim or code text when
>> using auto fill? For instance, if I type the following:
>>
>> This is an example of a long line when some stuff is code: ~1 + 2 + 3 =
>> 6~.
>>

> Untested, but you might be able to do something with
> auto-fill-inhibit-regexp.

I've continued looking into this, and it seems that what I want is use
`fill-nobreak-predicate'. This is what I ended up doing:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(add-hook 'org-mode-hook
          (lambda ()
            (add-hook 'fill-nobreak-predicate 'org-in-verbatim-emphasis)))
#+end_src

All the pieces were already there, it just took me a while to put them
together ;-)

Best,

Alan