Re: [O] Bug: Org-agenda-files replaces directories with explicit filenam

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Org-agenda-files replaces directories with explicit filenames [8.2.5h (8.2.5h-30-gdd810b-elpa @ /home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/)]
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:58:04 -0700

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> address@hidden (address@hidden) writes:
>
>> I have a directory tasks/ in org-agenda-files variable. When i add a
>> file to org-agenda-files variable through C-c [ command
>> (org-agenda-file-to-front), the directory path is replaced by paths of
>> the files, that are currently in that directory. It is bad, because when
>> i add some files to tasks/ later on, they will not contribute to my
>> agenda.
>
> Actually I don't understand the problem: the command adds a file to
> the list of agenda files, not the entire directory. Adding the entire
> directory is not what most users would want. What I'm missing?

Actually, Bernt Hansen's paper suggests that it's easier to put
directories into the org-agenda-files list so that he can just have a
few places where all his agendas are kept and anytime he adds a new file
to his list of agendas, he doesn't have to change his configuration and,
so, doesn't forget the new file.

--
David Masterson