Re: [O] Extending the Org syntax by a custom exporter - how to do it?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] Extending the Org syntax by a custom exporter - how to do it?
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 17:31:15 +0100

Dnia 2014-03-16, o godz. 11:16:03
Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> napisaƂ(a):

> Another, more advanced option, is to use a parse tree filter to create
> pseudo-types, i.e., element or object types that don't exist in
> regular Org syntax. See `math-block' type in "ox-latex.el", in
> particular `org-latex-math-block-tree-filter'.

I started to wonder and came to the conclusion that this might be
interesting for my "cloze" idea (with syntax as in one of my previous
messages).  However, I can't really understand what is going on here.
It seems to me that the key function is
org-latex--wrap-latex-math-block; it is, however, a bit long and I'm a
bit afraid of studying it (and don't have enough time today for that
anyway).  What would you suggest for grokking the idea of
"pseudo-objects"?  In particular:

- How do they get parsed?  What portions of the source should I read
  to understand that?

- Would it be a good idea to instrument one (or more) functions for
  edebug to get the idea of what's going on there?

- How risky is it to use Org from master in day-to-day usage?  Do
  people (other than the devs) do this on a regular basis?  Is coming
  back to maint as simple as checking out another branch from the git
  repo?

> Regards,

Best,

--