Re: [O] [BUG] Symbol's function definition is void: function-put

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] Symbol's function definition is void: function-put
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 06:38:59 +0000 (UTC)

Sharon Kimble <boudiccas <at> skimble.plus.com> writes:
> I've just tried to start emacs 24.3.90.1 without success, and it
> showed
> Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading
`/home/boudiccas/.emacs':

If you're in a pinch, just replace all occurences of "function-put" with "put".

> .emacs.d/elpa/org-20140505/

Well, those two lines are not in the Org ELPA package that you supposedly
have installed and there's no trace of any "function-put" anywhere I can
find in the source.  I suspect that you installed the ELPA package either
with a much older Emacs version (certainly not any 24.x one) or that you had
something in your init scripts that defines function-put at the time of
installation.
 You need to remove the ELPA package, then install it anew from an Emacs
instance that doesn't have these initializations (i.e. start from "emacs -Q").

Regards,
Achim.