Re: [O] Writing .el files for org in org?

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] Writing .el files for org in org?
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 19:25:37 -0400

Hi Rainer,

I have wondered about what you suggest as well, from the point of view
of trying to modify the long pieces of R code which are embedded in
strings in ob-R.el.  I think this would be easier if they could be
tangled from R code blocks in an org file.  So from that point of view
the idea has a +1 from me.

I am not so convinced that having all the elisp code in an org file
would be convenient, since I am worried that would break the interactive
features of elisp programming.  (edebug, find-function, paredit, ...).
But if you are doing the experiment, I would be glad to see what you
come up with: the benefits might turn out to be worth the potential
drawbacks.

--
Aaron Ecay